I’m too tired to write a super thoughtful and in-depth post – but I’m feeling really guilty for being blogsent (get it? Blog-absent! I just made that up!) the last couple days. So, here’s a random update.
- Wednesday Night Dinners – Since it’s rainy and gloomy out, we decided to start “Wednesday Night Dinners” with Stacy and Andre. So far, it’s been really great; it gives us something to look forward to in the middle of the week. Last week they made pot roast, and this week we made French dips.
- Gym – My AM gym sessions have been going reasonable well. I went Monday and Tuesday, but I couldn’t drag myself out of bed this morning. I’ll hit it hard tomorrow…hopefully.
- Prop 8 – I’m absolutely sick about Proposition 8 in CA. People, we have to progress FORWARD. Not backwards. I do not understand how anyone feels it is within their rights to ban someone else from marriage. GAH! On the other hand, congrats to Connecticut.
- Soup – Derek and I have been making a new soups on Sundays. So far, we’ve made a mushroom barely soup and chili. I’m open to suggestions if anyone has a good soup recipe!
- Thanksgiving – I’m really looking forward to Thanksgiving. This year, I’m spending Thanksgiving with Derek’s family (plus all four girlfriends) at a cabin on Mt. Baker. Good food, board games, puzzles, football, drinks and family – what more could a girl ask for?!?
- Tonight – I made some BOMB Chicken Massaman Curry tonight, although I had a hard time eating it because my mouth was still numb from my visit to the dentist. I had a cavity filled this afternoon. In two weeks, I get to pay $600 out of pocket for a crown – JUST what I wanted to spend my money on. My teeth suck.
- Perfect home – Today I stumbled on the most perfect home for me and Derek…then reality set in. Unfortunately, we just aren’t in a position to buy anything right now. We both agreed it was perfect for us though.
- Apology – I couldn’t quite bring myself to take a gift to my landlord (like the poll said), but I did apologize via email. This was his response, “…but you provided so much entertainment! Be sure to put new Year’s eve on your crashing calendar 🙂 It is not to be missed. Classy attire.” I’m glad he had a good sense of humor about the whole thing.
I think that’s it. Over and out.