Derek has released the Thailand pics. Click here for more. Enjoy!
Posts Tagged ‘thailand
The good news is that we had an AMAZING trip to Thailand. The bad news is we are still on Thailand time.
We returned home on Saturday afternoon and went to bed that night. After a good night sleep, we woke up at 5. A tad early, but overall pretty good. We were proud of ourselves – getting back on PST would be easier than we thought. As we were getting ready to start the day, Derek looked at his phone and had several missed calls. Weird. Who would be calling us throughout the night? I hope there isn’t an emergency. And then we realized. No, it couldn’t be. Someone is playing a trick on us! It was 5pm on Sunday. We slept through the entire day – we completely missed Sunday. It was dark when we went to bed and dark when we got up. How is that possible?! While the rest of the world was Christmas shopping, going to church, watching football and grocery shopping…we were sleeping. It is such a weird feeling to have slept an entire day not waking up once. It boggles my mind. Needless to say we haven’t conquered the jet lag yet.
I will give details about our trip tomorrow. There is so much to tell, I’m not sure where to start!
…Thailand travel tips and tennis lessons.
So, if anyone has any info on either topic – please send it my way!
Updates updates updates. I am so sorry for being so blogsent – here are some much needed updates.
1) Cruise – Two weeks ago we went on a cruise with my mom, stepdad, sister, Derek and three stepsiblings. We had a great time!! We were on a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise that stopped in Ocho Rios Jamaica, Cozumel Mexico and Grand Cayman. We were onboard the brand new Ruby Princess and she’s a beaut. For me, the highlight of the trip was swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel – it was so much fun! I’ll post a few photos of our trip later this week.
2) Derek- After months of hard work and a few sleepless nights, Derek presented his final project. He’s DONE WITH SCHOOL!! Yes, that’s right. He’s now the proud owner of a Bachelor’s Degree of Landscape Architecture. It’s such an amazing accomplishment; I’m so proud of him.
3) The Surprise – To celebrate Derek’s big accomplishment, I took him out to dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant and gave him his graduation present. It was a Thai travel book with two plane tickets to Bangkok slipped into it!! Yep, we are going to go to Thailand and I actually pulled off a good surprise. He was shocked and we are both CRAZY excited. I’m pretty sure I secured the “girlfriend of the year” award with this one. If you have any Thailand tips, please send them my way!
4) Sick – I think I’ve finally recovered from the sickness. Thank goodness!
5) First Communion – The triplets had their first communion this weekend. They were so freaking cute – I couldn’t help but tear up when I saw them. They are growing up so fast; it makes me feel old, old, old.
6) John Adams – This weekend I finished watching the HBO mini-series: John Adams. I loved it and highly recommend it. Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney were so amazing.
7) Random question – Do people think in a specific language? For example, are your thoughts in English? Do Hispanics think in Spanish? Do thoughts have a language? Derek and I have been discussing this tonight – and I was just wondering if anyone has anything interesting to say on the subject.