I had such a great weekend! First of all, I didn’t work on Friday – which is always a great way to start the weekend! I had a kick-ass training session Friday morning. Friday evening I went shopping and out to dinner with my pal Shelby. Saturday, we went on a long bike ride and then out to celebrate Annemarie’s birthday. And today, we drove up to La Conner for the tulip festival. It was beautiful!
Is it weird I’m considering being a vegetarian for few months because I’m bored? Some people turn vegetarian because they have health concerns or feel a moral obligation, but not me. I’m just bored and I feel like it would be a fun challenge. It would force me to become more creative with my cooking and try new recipes! I don’t want to do it forever – just for a month or two (it would be too hard over the holidays and I think my family would probably disown me). Just something I’m thinking about – I’ll let you know what I decide.
Updates updates updates. I am so sorry for being so blogsent – here are some much needed updates.
1) Cruise – Two weeks ago we went on a cruise with my mom, stepdad, sister, Derek and three stepsiblings. We had a great time!! We were on a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise that stopped in Ocho Rios Jamaica, Cozumel Mexico and Grand Cayman. We were onboard the brand new Ruby Princess and she’s a beaut. For me, the highlight of the trip was swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel – it was so much fun! I’ll post a few photos of our trip later this week.
2) Derek- After months of hard work and a few sleepless nights, Derek presented his final project. He’s DONE WITH SCHOOL!! Yes, that’s right. He’s now the proud owner of a Bachelor’s Degree of Landscape Architecture. It’s such an amazing accomplishment; I’m so proud of him.
3) The Surprise – To celebrate Derek’s big accomplishment, I took him out to dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant and gave him his graduation present. It was a Thai travel book with two plane tickets to Bangkok slipped into it!! Yep, we are going to go to Thailand and I actually pulled off a good surprise. He was shocked and we are both CRAZY excited. I’m pretty sure I secured the “girlfriend of the year” award with this one. If you have any Thailand tips, please send them my way!
4) Sick – I think I’ve finally recovered from the sickness. Thank goodness!
5) First Communion – The triplets had their first communion this weekend. They were so freaking cute – I couldn’t help but tear up when I saw them. They are growing up so fast; it makes me feel old, old, old.
6) John Adams – This weekend I finished watching the HBO mini-series: John Adams. I loved it and highly recommend it. Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney were so amazing.
7) Random question – Do people think in a specific language? For example, are your thoughts in English? Do Hispanics think in Spanish? Do thoughts have a language? Derek and I have been discussing this tonight – and I was just wondering if anyone has anything interesting to say on the subject.
Why? I’m sick and laying in bed feeling worthless. I haven’t gotten out of bed in 6 hours and I’m on my 3rd movie of the weekend (and it’s only Saturday). My ears are so plugged up that the volume on the tv is set to level 26. Boo. Pity party for me.